Apple blog MacRumors speculated that Apple may not start pre-orders for the next generation smartphone directly after Wednesday's media event as it has done occasionally in the past, but rather wait until Sept. 14, this Friday.
Last year, Apple announced the iPhone 4S was available for pre-order at 12:01 a.m. PST on the Friday following the announcement.
Apple is reportedly adding sales staff to its retail stores beginning at 6 a.m. EST on Friday, perhaps to aid in customer inquiries trying to pre-order the device.It's expected that the iPhone will have a 4-inch screen, slightly larger than previous iPhones, which had a 3.5-inch screen. The phone is also expected to run on Long Term Evolution (LTE), or 4G high-speed networks from AT&T (T) and Verizon (VZ). TheStreet plans to live-blog tomorrow's launch event, which is taking place at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts Theater in San Francisco. Shares of Apple are higher in mid-Tuesday trading, up 0.13% to $663.60. Interested in more on Broadcom? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock. -- Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >Contact by Email. Follow @Commodity_Bull
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV