WINDERMERE, Fla. (Stockpickr) -- Ben Bernanke did a lot of winking and elbow nudging last Friday, not-so-subtly tipping investors to the possibility that QE3 may be on the way. At some point. Eventually.
Investors have been voracious about QE3 for the past several months, working themselves into a tizzy over the possibility that the Fed would start dumping more cash into the market. I'm not so sure that Bernanke's speech in Jackson Hole wasn't just lip service. But for dividend investors, the implications of another round of easing are big.
Already, treasury rates are near zero at the same time that inflation is getting pegged above 2.2%. If retail investors' QE3 dreams come true, it'll mean that inflation creeps higher while interest rates remain near all-time lows.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV