Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Here's what Jim Cramer had to say on CNBC's "Squawk On The Street" Thursday:
Shares of Caterpillar (CAT) have been falling ever since the company's CEO made negative comments. "I don't know," was all Cramer would say about the stock.
Cramer was more bearish on Northrop Grumman (NOC), saying that with the budgetary "fiscal cliff" looming, investors should get out of the defense stocks.As for Joy Global (JOY), Cramer said it is plain that people are "freaking out" over coal and Joy Global is a coal play. Turning to Ultra Petroleum (UPL), he said that many have called a bottom in natural gas, but this stock would say otherwise. In the retail sector, Cramer said Guess (GES) used to be an aspirational brand, but now it's just a brand gone bad. Finally, he said Salesforce.com (CRM) remains a high-risk, high-reward name and he has a lot of questions he'll be asking CEO Marc Benioff on "Mad Money" later Thursday. --Written by Scott Rutt in Washington, D.C. To contact the writer of this article, click here: Scott Rutt. Follow @ScottRutt To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV