NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- It takes a lot to come back from the dead.
William Shatner's "Negotiator" character is back, Priceline (PCLN) said today. "After plunging off a bridge to his presumed demise, the Priceline Negotiator, aka William Shatner, has miraculously been found alive in a new priceline.com (PCLN) TV spot that begins airing this week."
Priceline and its ad agency, Butler, Shine, Stern & Partners, made the decision to bring back Shatner, and sentiment seems to be largely in favor of it. According to a recent survey of priceline.com's customers, 94% of respondents wanted The Negotiator to return. "I negotiated my way out of that bus crash and into priceline.com's new commercial," Shatner said in a release. "There's no limit to the Negotiator's skills."
Shatner's negotiating skills will now be put to the test. Priceline shares plunged following a weak third-quarter outlook, as the company blamed softness in Europe.With shares up 1.7% in early trading today, it looks like The Negotiator is picking up right where he left off. Interested in more on priceline? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock. Follow TheStreet Tech on your wireless devices. --Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >Contact by Email. Follow @Commodity_Bull
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV