BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- David Einhorn, the billionaire head of Greenlight Capital, may be best known for the stocks he hates. A notorious short seller, Einhorn and his firm are known for conducting in-depth analysis to figure out why a firm is set to fail.
In the past, that's generated some impressive returns for the hedge fund - annualized gains well in the double-digits since the fund started in 1996 with less than one million dollars under management.
Einhorn's short targets have included conspicuous names like Lehman Brothers, Green Mountain Coffee Roasters (GMCR), and his highly publicized spat with Allied Capital, a financial firm that the SEC ultimately found guilty of breaking securities laws. More than just shorting stocks he sees as deteriorating, Einhorn takes his case to the rest of the industry, arguing his short theses at major investment conferences like Ira Sohn and the Value Investing Congress.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV