Updated from 10:13 a.m. EDT with settlement prices
NEW YORK (
Gold for December delivery gained $6.90 to settle at $1,616.20 at the Comex division of the New York Mercantile Exchange. The gold price traded as high as $1,618.40 and as low as $1,605.30 an ounce, while the spot price was rising $9.60, according to Kitco's gold index.
"The market is kind of stuck in a wait and see pattern, we don't really have any economic data coming out for the next few days, so I mean gold prices are just range bound," said Phil Streible, senior commodities broker at RJO Futures. "They're probably going to look and see if the euro currency continues as the dollar weakens."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV