Constellation Brands: S&P Intraday Gainer
The S&P 500 was gaining 23.46 points, or 1.77%, to 1,352.50.
Shares of Constellation Brands rose 20.68% to $26.26. The beverage company is buying the 50% of Crown Imports that it doesn't already own from Anheuser-Busch (BUD) for $1.85 billion. The purchase follows Anheuser-Busch's deal that was announced Friday to buy the rest of Grupo Modelo that it doesn't own for more than $20 billion.
Constellation Brands shares hit a 52-week high on Friday of $26.89. The stock's 52-week low of $16.43 was set on Aug. 9.Constellation Brands trades at an estimated price-to-earnings ratio for next year of 9.5 times; the average among its peers is 21.47. For comparison, Beam (BEAM) has a higher forward P/E of 24. Seven of the 11 analysts who cover Constellation Brands rated it buy. Three analysts gave the stock a hold rating and one rated it sell. The stock has gained 27.38% year to date.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Alexandra Zendrian >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to Alexandra Zendrian.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV