Apple is placing increasing importance on the world's most populous nation, as it continues to expand its presence in China.
The Cupertino, Calif.-based firm announced Siri support for multiple languages at WWDC on Monday, including Mandarin, underlining China's increasing importance to Apple.
"The emphasis by Apple on China was clearly there," said Scott Jenkins, founder of OptionsInsight.com in an interview with TheStreet. "I think Tim's pretty focused and his focus is China. Anyone who doubts that, was proven wrong."Other developers at WWDC echoed Jenkins' thoughts on Apple's efforts to boost revenue in China, where it currently has five stores. Apple reportedly has plans to open two more stores in mainland China. In the past, Cook has referred to China as an "extremely important market for us," leaving no doubt about the tech giant's intentions. Apple's iPhone sales in Greater China rose five times year-over-year, Cook said on Apple's most recent earnings call. Apple shares crept up 0.65% to $574.88 on Tuesday. --Written by Chris Ciaccia in San Francisco >Contact by Email. Follow @Commodity_Bull >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV