NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Stocks again finished in negative territory Tuesday as the failure of Greek political leaders to form a new government continued to damage sentiment.
There were reports late in the volatile session that Greek banks were seeing heavier than normal outflows.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 63 points, or 0.5%, to finish at 12,632, its worst close since Jan. 31. The blue-chip index is now down in nine of the past 10 sessions and has lost more than 223 points, or 1.7%, in the past three days.
The S&P 500 shed nearly 8 points, or 0.57%, to settle at 1330, its weakest close since Feb. 2.The Nasdaq reversed earlier gains to finish in the red as well, dropping 9 points, or 0.30%, to close at 2894, also its lowest level in more than three months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV