NEW YORK MainStreet -- What's the matter, big corporate behemoth? Upset because the local/organic crowd doesn't like you?
Well cheer up, because you can always buy your way back into their good graces. Ask fans of Seattle's Best Coffee, many of whom still prefer it to Starbucks despite the fact Starbucks (SBUX) bought its Seattle neighbor nearly a decade ago. The same holds true for Leinenkugel drinkers, who'll still visit the Leinie Lodge in Chippewa Falls, Wis., instead of visiting the Miller caves in Milwaukee even though SABMiller bought Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing close to 25 years ago.
There are a bunch of other earthy, mom-and-pop brands serving as fronts for far bigger companies these days. The following 10 are just the most well-hidden examples:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV