NEW YORK (MainStreet) -- Up sell. Down sell. Cross sell and short sell. You'd think with all the selling going on, we would actually, well, know without question how to do it. But study up like I do on the Mozarts of moving merchandise -- the Steve Jobs, the Larry Ellisons, the Ron Popeils of the world -- and you realize that nobody's way is the way.
Steve was Steve, so Apple is Apple. Ellison rewrote Oracle as a chapter in The Art of War: ruthlessly marching the troops, slashing prices and supposedly torturing the staff on the weekends. And Popeil? He is my favorite, a legit American sales genius. The man could literally sell anything. Don't believe it? Just try hawking something called "Mr. Microphone" and see how that works for you. But Ron made millions with nothing more than cheap commercials running in the middle of the night.
These all-time greats have at least one thing in common: They used the tools at hand to get their message across and close the deal.
The world's technology vendors understand that too, and they are creating simply marvelous sales tools that can help even us mere sales mortals to get that next fund sold, start-up funded or deal closed.Here is Blum's ultimate guided tour to the best in business-sales tech tools:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV