C.H. Robinson: S&P Intraday Laggard
The S&P 500 was rising 15.06 points, or 1.1%, to 1,387.03.
Shares of C.H. Robinson fell 6.53% Wednesday morning to $61.53. The company reported Tuesday first-quarter earnings of $106.5 million, or 65 cents a share, up from year-earlier earnings of $97 million, or 59 cents a share.
C.H. Robinson reported first-quarter revenue of $2.55 billion, which rose from year-earlier revenue of $2.37 billion but missed analysts' expectations of $2.6 billion.Shares of C.H. Robinson hit a 52-week low Wednesday of $61.40. The stock's 52-week high of $82.40 was set on July 7. C.H. Robinson trades at an estimated price-to-earnings ratio for next year of 18.67 times; the average for trucking companies is 14.45. For comparison, J.B. Hunt Transport Services (JBHT) has a lower forward P/E of 18.53. Seventeen of the 27 analysts who cover C.H. Robinson rated it hold. Eight analysts gave the stock a buy rating and two rated it sell. TheStreet Ratings gives C.H. Robinson a B grade with a buy rating and $76.39 price target. The stock has fallen 11.85% year to date.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Alexandra Zendrian >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to Alexandra Zendrian.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV