- Bank of America (BAC - Get Report) which initially received $15 billion in TARP money, followed by another $30 billion in January 2009, after the company acquired Merrill Lynch. Bank of America fully redeemed its TARP preferred shares in December 2009.
- Citigroup (C - Get Report) received $25 billion in TARP money, plus another $20 billion through the government's "targeted investment program." Citigroup repaid the $20 billion in December 2009. The original $25 billion state was converted into common shares with the government completing its sale of the common in January 2011, for a total of $31.9 billion.
- JPMorgan Chase (JPM - Get Report) received $25 billion in TARP money, which it fully repaid in June 2009.
- Wells Fargo (WFC - Get Report) also received $25 billion in bailout funds, which it fully repaid in December 2009.
- Morgan Stanley (MS) received $10 billion in bailout funds, which it repaid in June 2009.
- Goldman Sachs (GS) also received $10 billion in TARP money, redeeming the government's preferred shares in June 2009.
- Bank of New York Mellon (BK) took $3 billion in TARP funds, fully redeeming the government's preferred shares in June 2009.
- State Street (STT) received $2 billion in TARP money, and repaid the government in June 2009.
TARP Inspector Says Taxpayers Still in the Hole
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.