SanDisk: S&P Intraday Gainer
The S&P was falling 17.87, or 1.3%, to 1,360.66.
Shares of SanDisk rose 2.17% Monday morning to $36.69. The stock was rising after declining Friday on a first-quarter earnings miss.
SanDisk's first-quarter earnings were $114 million, or 46 cents a share, down from year-earlier earnings of $224 million, or 92 cents. Analysts' estimates called for earnings of 67 cents a share.SanDisk trades at an estimated price-to-earnings ratio for next year of 11.25 times; the average for semiconductor companies is 14.35. For comparison, Applied Materials (AMAT) has a lower forward P/E of 9.82. Fifteen of the 25 analysts who cover SanDisk rated it buy. Eight analysts gave the stock a hold rating and two rated it sell. TheStreet Ratings gives SanDisk a B grade with a buy rating and $46.74 price target. The stock has fallen 25.4% year to date. -- Written by Alexandra Zendrian
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Alexandra Zendrian >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to Alexandra Zendrian.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV