"Over the last 18 months, roughly half of the executive team has turned over -- clear evidence to us that a somewhat 'new' Family Dollar is taking root," Guggenheim analysts wrote in an April 10 report. "We believe this, together with improved results, should serve to strengthen sentiment in the name."
Shares of Family Dollar hit a 52-week high Wednesday of $67.13. The stock's 52-week low of $44.42 was set on Aug. 9.Family Dollar has an estimated price-to-earnings ratio of 15.87X; the average for specialty retailers is 16.27X. For comparison, Dollar Tree (DLTR) has a higher forward P/E of 17.55X. Fourteen of the 27 analysts who cover Family Dollar rated it hold. Eleven analysts gave the stock a buy rating and two rated it sell. TheStreet Ratings gives Family Dollar an A+ grade with a buy rating and $84.15 price target. The stock has risen 16.16% year to date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV