MILLBURN, N.J. (Stockpickr) -- Apple (AAPL) seems to be one of those rare companies and stocks that come around once in a generation, whose fundamental metrics more than justify the stock's performance. Intel (INTC) was that stock in the 1990s.
So I'm curious: Which stock is next? Are there other tech companies that have even better metrics than Apple and could be up-and-comers?
To find these stocks, I selected two key metrics on which I place a high degree of importance when evaluating a stock from a fundamental perspective: return on equity and gross margins. The companies I found have ROE greater than Apple's 45.6% and gross margins greater than Apple's 44.7%.Here are six tech stocks that rater better than Apple.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV