Great Wolf Resorts Gets Private Premium (Update 1)
Updated with Apollo financing, PWK Partners letter and additional information throughout
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The bidding war between KSL Capital Partners and Apollo Management (APO) for Great Wolf Resorts (WOLF), has both private equity firms poised to pay a premium for the struggling water park and hotels chain.
In March, Apollo opened the Great Wolf Resorts sweepstakes with a $5 bid, which was a premium to bargain basement share prices that reflected the company's struggles amid losses and a large debt load. However, in April the emergence of KSL as a bidder has raised the price of Great Wolf Resorts to $7 a share, making what once looked like an opportunistically priced takeover poised to be consummated at a premium priced valuation.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV