NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The following stocks go ex-dividend Thursday, meaning an investor must purchase the shares Wednesday to qualify for the next dividend payment: Verizon (VZ), General Mills (GIS), Darden (DRI), Intuit (INTU) and OGE Energy (OGE).
Each of the stocks received a buy rating from TheStreet Ratings.
The telecommunications company is scheduled to report first-quarter earnings on April 18. Analysts, on average, anticipate earnings of 58 cents a share on revenue of $28.21 billion."While VZ trades at 15.5x 2012 CS EPS, a premium to T at 13x, the premium may be warranted given VZ's better growth prospects," Credit Suisse analysts wrote in a report Monday. Forward Annual Dividend Yield: 5.2% Rated "B- (Buy)" by TheStreet Ratings: The company's fourth-quarter gross profit margin decreased from the previous year. Verizon has weak liquidity. Its Quick Ratio is 0.84, which demonstrates a lack of ability to meet its short-term cash needs. In the fourth quarter, stockholders' net worth decreased 6.73% from the prior year. TheStreet Ratings' price target is $44.62.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV