(SiriusXM story updated to reflect additional analyst comments and earnings estimates)
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Three years after catching the market bottom with a 40% stake in SiriusXM (SIRI), Liberty Media (LMCA) chairman John Malone would likely concede that the easy money has been made on the satellite radio giant.
Investors who've watched SiriusXM gain roughly 1,500% since a March 2009 bottom would be wise to have the same perspective, as speculation of a Liberty Media buyout has driven Sirius shares to a near 30% gain in 2012. In fact, long-term SiriusXM investors may benefit more from keeping an eye on auto sales as a source of subscriber growth while tuning out what could be an uncertain and complicated prospective buyout by Liberty Media.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV