Updated with closing share price.
The gadget maker, which recently unveiled its new iPad, briefly hit $600.01 in early trading on Thursday, just a few weeks after reaching $500. But the shares closed at $585.56, down $4.02, and at one point had fallen to $578.55 during Thursday's session.
Boosted by insatiable demand for its products, as well as the anticipated launch of a new iPhone and a new TV offering later this year, there has been plenty of chatter that the company's stock could surge to unprecedented levels.Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak, for example, recently predicted that the firm's stock could reach $1,000, citing the continued popularity of the company's gadgets, and their ability to work well together. Earlier this week, Morgan Stanley analyst Katy Huberty raised her Apple price target to $720, and hiked her earnings estimates. Huberty, however, believes Apple could go to $960 a share. --Written by James Rogers in New York. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/jamesjrogers. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Check out our new tech blog, Tech Trends. Follow TheStreet Tech on your wireless devices.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV