NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- As reports suggest that Apple's (AAPL) iPad may be fast approaching release, consumers will have to make a choice whether to upgrade to Apple's latest offering or purchase something else.
The next Apple iPad is expected to be released next week, with several new features to the popular tablet.
The next version of the iPad will be slightly different from the iPad 2 in form factor, but very different in feature set. Rumors suggest the tablet will feature Retina Display, an updated processor for improved speed and computing power, a QXGA 1,536 x 2,048-pixel HD display and a longer battery life. There is also speculation the new iPad will be Long Term Evolution (LTE) ready, capable of running on the 4G networks from AT&T (T) and Verizon (VZ).
Apple sold 15.4 million iPads during its most recent quarter, and analysts suggest that an LTE-enabled iPad could be a huge selling factor. Sterne Agee analyst Shaw Wu wrote, "We believe this significant refresh will likely help drive higher iPad sales and help further differentiate from arguably the only real competitor in the market
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV