Updated from 4:44 p.m. ET for latest share prices, additional information on Silicon Graphics, OpenTable, and Panera Bread.
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Shares of Buffalo Wild Wings (BWLD) soared in late trades on Tuesday after the restaurant operator trounced Wall Street's profit expectations in its latest quarter amid strong sales at both new and existing locations.
The Minneapolis-based company reported earnings of $13.6 million, or 73 cents a share, on revenue of $220.5 million. Same-restaurant sales jumped 8.9%. In the same period a year earlier, the company posted a profit of $10.2 million, or 55 cents a share, on revenue of $163.9 million.
The average estimate of analysts polled by
Thomson Reuters was for earnings of 67 cents a share in the December-ended period on revenue of $210.5 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV