Ballmer Busts Out the Bullishness
Maybe Microsoft (MSFT) CEO Steve Ballmer is getting tired of the company's analyst day.
Despite his first time in 17 years as leadoff speaker, Ballmer's message at the annual event in Redmond, Wash., was largely the same as previous years: Not surprisingly, Ballmer is bullish about Microsoft's prospects for innovation and growth.
But in perhaps an acknowledgment that the introductory speech is the same spiel as past years, Ballmer literally digressed into a series of verbal "blah, blah, blahs" as he talked about how the company's "innovation portfolio" -- in such areas as work flow, collaboration, antispam and search -- will drive its fundamental expansion. Those "blahs" came even as Ballmer touted these as "all areas in which the company is doing its best work."
On the other hand, perhaps the "blahs" were simply a nod to what Ballmer called the breadth of areas Microsoft is trying to move into."Let there be no doubt Microsoft is trying to innovate and is innovating against a broader spectrum of human endeavor ...
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV