NEW YORK (Trefis) -- Apple (AAPL) is planning to include Yelp (YELP) integration in its new Maps application in iOS 6. It will enable users to check in to different locations and businesses directly using the Yelp service on the Maps application, without the need to open the Yelp app.
By being the default check-in app for Maps on iOS, Yelp could see a significant increase in engagement and check-in activity following the integration, given the massive iOS user base and the significantly higher average internet and app usage among them.
Check out our complete analysis of Yelp
Apple already integrated Yelp's functionality in iOS 5.1 to return results powered by Yelp whenever users search for recommendations on local businesses using Siri, and also started directing all requests for reviews and ratings directly to Yelp's mobile site.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV