TheStreet.com TV Recap: It's Not a Bailout, It's a Stopgap
"We're not bailing out anybody," Jim Cramer said on TheStreet.com TV's Wall St. Confidential Web video Tuesday.
There are two things going on here, he explained. "One is that the companies that do mortgage servicing don't have the ability to renegotiate every one of these contracts," Cramer said. "It's better to do it en masse with the government's help so that the people who might fight this realize that they're fighting the government, but it's certainly no bailout."
The other thing, he continued, is that "we need to slow down the process because we don't want the bank examiners to shut down all the banks," which they might do.
Cramer: Borrower Aid Is No Moral Hazard
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV