Cramer's TheStreet.com TV Recap: Retail Rollover
"Yesterday something happened that is contrary to everything I have ever learned about the market," Jim Cramer said on TheStreet.com TV's Wall Street Confidential video Webcast Tuesday.
The market fell on two pillars -- oil and tech -- Cramer told Aaron Task, the host of Wall Street Confidential.
While Cramer seemed less concerned with tech because it has been up and because a lot of people feel that December is the time to take profits in this sector, he said that "it's almost as if when oil goes down the market looks bad."
The market witnessed Chevron (CVX) lose a couple of percentage points in a very short period of time, after it took forever to put those percentage points on the stock, Cramer said.In addition, a lot of people were betting that Oracle (ORCL) wasn't going to perform well, and it turned out to be a good call, he said. Moving on, Cramer said "the rollover in retail" was surprising to him because the products are "hot." However, the retailers aren't making any money, he said. Task commented on how Circuit City (CC) reported "a loss for the quarter that surprised everybody" and asked Cramer why the fact that people weren't short Circuit City is making the stock's decline worse.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV