Net Falls at IAC/InterActiveCorp
Updated from 7:35 a.m. EDT
Earnings slid 32% from a year ago in IAC/InterActiveCorp's (IACI) first quarter.
The online conglomerate earned $47.2 million, or 14 cents a share, in the quarter, compared with earnings of $68.9 million, or 19 cents a share, a year ago. The year-over-year comparison was affected by the absence of results in the latest quarter for Expedia, which was spun off.
The stock was recently down $1.12, or 3.9%, to $27.90 in premarket trading.On an adjusted basis, IAC's earnings rose 32% from a year ago to $106.5 million, or 31 cents a share, 4 cents better than the Thomson First Call consensus. Revenue rose 36% from last year to $1.55 billion, beating the $1.54 billion consensus. Among its major units, first-quarter revenue rose 28% to $769.1 million in retailing, rose 27% to $482 million in services and rose 16% to $178.4 million in membership and subscriptions. IAC's media and advertising unit produced revenue of $117.6 million in the quarter, compared with $9 million a year ago.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV