CBS Plans Podcasts
CBS will make some of its programming available on Apple's (AAPL) iTunes.
CBS, soon to be a publicly traded entity after Viacom (VIA.B) disassembles, is making audio podcasts available for free. The content will be drawn from some of the network's news, entertainment and sports programming. The content will be available via iTunes Podcast Directory and CBS Digital sites.
Face the Nation, Guiding Light and other original content from the CBS Digital Media properties and podcasts from CBS Radio News are also being made available.
"Podcasting has become a way of life for an increasingly growing population, and I'm confident our programming will find a whole new audience on this hugely popular platform," said Larry Kramer, CBS Digital Media president, in a statement. "With one click on iTunes, users can now receive podcasts from each of our divisions, including entertainment and sports."Last week Disney (DIS) entered a video download agreement with Apple that sees some of its ABC network programming, such as Desperate Housewives and Lost, available the day after their original broadcast, for $1.99 per episode. The move has raised concerns among both ABC-TV station affiliates and groups such as the Writers' Guild of America who fear that they might get short-changed in the process.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV