Friday's ETF Winners & Losers
The iShares Dow Jones Transportation Index (IYT) exchange-traded fund was one of Friday's best performers. Holding CSX (CSX) rose 3.5% after the company's chief executive said the company should have a stronger second half of 2007. The ETF was higher by $1.26, or 1.4%, to $88.93.
Also among winners, the PowerShares Lux Nanotech (PXN) ETF rose as holdings Arrowhead Research (ARWR) and Cambridge Display Technology (OLED) were rising by more than 4%. The ETF was higher by 21 cents, or 1.2%, to $17.48.
Meanwhile, Amgen (AMGN) was down 3.9% on word it would stop work on a colon cancer trial involving its drug Vectibix in combination with other medications. The Biotech HOLDRs was losing $4.19, or 2.3%, to $177.64.ETFs tracking metals and mining were also declining. Gold slid $6.90 to close at $657.30 an ounce, and silver lost 25 cents to $13.23 an ounce. The iShares Silver Trust (SLV) slumped 1.9% to $131.32. The iShares COMEX Gold Trust (IAU) ETF was giving back 0.9% to $65.24. The streetTRACKS Gold Shares (GLD) ETF was falling 0.9% to $65.15. The Market Vectors Gold Miners (GDX) ETF was recently down 0.9% to $39.61.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV