Swift Rejects Buyout Bid
Swift Transportation (SWFT) rejected an unsolicited $29-a-share buyout bid from leading shareholder Jerry Moyes but said it would talk with Moyes and other possible financial and strategic buyers.
The Phoenix-based truckload carrier called Moyes' price, which represented a 5% premium to Friday's close, inadequate. The company said a special committee of three independent directors is being advised by Goldman Sachs.
"The company has made substantial operational improvements reflecting hard work and sacrifice by our nearly 22,000 dedicated employees, and we are optimistic about the company's prospects and the outlook for the future," said Chairman Jock Patton. "The board and management remain intently focused on executing our performance improvement initiatives, maintaining safe, world-class service for our growing customer base, and building value for shareholders."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV