Airbus Chief Quits
Airbus CEO Christian Streiff quit Friday, the Associated Press reported.
The two chief executives of Airbus' parent company, the European Aeronautic Defence & Space group, accepted Streiff's resignation, the AP reported. The news comes just days after Airbus admitted that production of its A380 superjumbo jet would be delayed for a third time, slashing almost a billion dollars a year off operating profit for the next four years.
EADS co-CEOs Tom Enders and Louis Gallois have agreed that Streiff should leave the company, a person close to Airbus told AP, several days after he threatened to resign amid a dispute over the transparency of financial and other reporting by Airbus to EADS. Airbus has been under the gun ever since rival Boeing (BA) gained widespread airline acceptance for its more economical 787 jetliner.
German weekly WirtschaftsWoche reported earlier that Streiff had offered his resignation in a letter to Gallois."We deny categorically that Mr. Streiff is to leave Airbus," spokeswoman Anne de Crozals said, AP reported.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV