American Tests New Menu
American Airlines plans a one-week test of a new a la carte snack option that would allow passengers to buy water for $2 a bottle.
The Dallas-based unit of AMR (AMR) said the test snack options include Klondike Movie Bites ice cream, Otis Spunkmeyer Chocolate Chunk Cookies, Lay's Stax Crisps or Twix '4 To Go' candy bars for $3. Dannon bottled water will be $2 each, American said.
The a la carte test is in addition to the complimentary beverage service, which remains unchanged, and the existing Food on Board fresh service available on American Airlines flights.
A recent survey conducted by American showed 78% of respondents said they would be interested in purchasing individual items for sale onboard the aircraft.The a la carte test will be available on selected Dallas-Los Angeles, Dallas-Miami and JFK-San Francisco routes through Sunday. "American Airlines is engaging our customers through this one-week test to determine if they want a la carte snack items as part of our Food on Board program," said Tim McMahan, American's Manager of Menu Planning & Development. "Regularly testing food and beverage options in flight gives us the opportunity to obtain direct customer and flight attendant feedback regarding our Food on Board offerings."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV