YouTube Hires Yahoo! Treasurer
YouTube is not only grabbing an ever-larger online audience. It's also attracting first-string Silicon Valley executives.
The video-sharing Web site, founded just 19 months ago, has hired Yahoo! (YHOO) Treasurer Gideon Yu as its chief financial officer, according to a report Saturday in The Wall Street Journal.
The hiring shows YouTube is maturing and might begin pursuing deals or an IPO, the report noted.
YouTube's users now watch more than 100 million videos a day, making the start-up competitive in the online video arena against Internet goliaths like Google (GOOG).This isn't the first time YouTube has snatched an executive from Yahoo!, the report noted. Earlier this year, it hired Tony Nethercutt to build its ad sales team.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV