Sun Separates Chip Group
Sun Microsystems (SUNW) is breaking out its silicon group into a separate business division, as the company moves to step up sales of its computer chips beyond its own products.
The Santa Clara, Calif., company said Tuesday that it has established a microelectronics group headed by Sun veteran David Yen. The group will focus on developing chips that target the high-performance computing, networking and cryptography markets.
Tuesday's organizational change is the latest move by CEO Jonathan Schwartz to rejuvenate the tech company, which has struggled since the dot-com bust several years ago. The company's stock is up 21% since Schwartz
In January, Sun posted a modest profit, after a string of quarterly losses. And private equity firm
Kohlberg Kravis Roberts
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV