Apple's Future Looks Bright
With its iPhone scheduled for release toward the end of June and the Leopard operating system
But it will be the lull before another consumer-assault storm.
Apple's most talked-about release in the last three months has been Apple TV, a wireless box that can stream movies, TV shows and music from a computer to a television.
Apple TV was released in February -- too late to have much of an impact on the second quarter.However, Apple also announced earlier this month that it has now sold 100 million iPods, leading analysts to believe that iPod sales could be better than expected and boost second-quarter results. "I think they will report a slight upside to the consensus revenue and EPS," says Romeo Dator, co-manager of the U.S. Global Investors All American Equity Fund, which has Apple among its top 10 holdings. Dator expects a "slight beat" to expectations of iPod sales of 10.7 million, while Mac sales are likely to be in line with the consensus of 1.45 million sold. For the quarter, the analysts polled by Thomson First Call estimate a profit of 64 cents a share and revenue of $5.17 billion. For Jim Cramer's take on the company discussed in this article, please
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV